Madhawa Learns To Blog

.net, c#, sql, OOAD and more mad memory dumps...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Tech.Ed

Tech.ed is over now. I attended first 2 days and it’s awesome. This was the first and only this kind of event I have attended. Mainly I attended “Database, Mobility & Embedded” sessions and found Gaurav Khanna’s and Vinod Kumar’s sessions were great. Even though I was not into embedded devices programming I had to attend those sessions ‘cos someone in our company had to catch new trends in embedded development. Any way I attended those sessions but not to my favorites with a little bit annoyed mind.

But from the first session by Gaurav I was really impressed and thought I’ll continue with this stream in tech.ed. Then it was vinod kumar and he also great. Only problem with him to me was he is not ending his sessions on time. Because of this, some times we didn’t get enough breaks among sessions. Any way I think vinod got a bit tight schedule & he covered lot of things in a very short time.

I attended one session of Wiliam tay and boy its great. (But I really felt in difficulties on getting what he is saying because of his accent) That session was abt “Transactions in Web Services and WS-OtherThings Developers Love to Hate”.

And end of the second day we got an entertainment night and we all had lot of fun. And 2 of my colleagues (Panduka, Buddhima) got gifts and we drank and danced till the end. Our ex colleague Ludmal (e-solution) & my friend Munasinghe (virtusa) joined us.

From this tech.ed we learned lot of things. We should thanks to all who put their shoulders on Tech.Ed including our MVP’s. And another thing I’m not satisfied with is welcome kit we got. That bag and T-shirt were not in good quality. Lot of guys couldn’t wear that t-shirt (too small) even though it had labeled as large. :)

Couldn't upload more images because of the slow connection speed. I'll add more pics in next week.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Blogger Ludmal de silva said...

aahhh... haha... cool dude ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home